JUMP INTO SPRING & JUMP INTO SUMMER VIRTUAL CHALLENGE
- Jump Into Spring from February 22 to March 21, 2021
- Jump Into Summer from April 5 to May 2, 2021
Where is the race:
- This is a virtual race.
- Anyone around the world can join.
The Jack Russell Terrier Club of Canada Inc. (JRTCC) is the national club for Jack Russell Terrier fans, with provincial affiliates throughout Canada. Founded in 1989 and incorporated in 1991, the Club is an affiliate of the Jack Russell Terrier Club of Great Britain. Our members include internationally recognized breeders, working terrier people and pet owners.
Similar to many other organizations, we have had to cancel many of our events and our 2020 National Trial due to COVID. In an effort to keep our club moving forward, we have organized another virtual challenge as a fundraising event. All proceeds will go directly to our club.
We are challenging you to complete as many km/miles possible during the timeframe. One of the main objectives of our virtual challenge is to be inclusive. This challenge is open to all participants, with or without dogs, all breeds are welcome! Participants have the option of tallying km/miles by walking, canicross, Bikejoring, Skijoring and Sled. For example, if Monday you simply want to take your dog out for a regular walk, those km/miles are included. If the following day you decide to venture out to canicross, those km/miles are also included in your weekly tally. We simply want you and your dog to keep active!
We have created a category for people with limited mobility. Too often virtual challenges exclude this group of participants, and we want to emphasize the importance of inclusiveness in our challenge.
We encourage everyone using mobility aids to participate. We also encourage everyone with a guide dog, or with a visual impairment to join us! Our registration form provides the option to select if you have and/or self-identify with a limited mobility (participant with/or who identifies with a limited mobility; using a mobility aid; visually impaired, etc.). This information will be kept confidential.
- Mix it Up: Walking+Canicross+Bikejoring+Skijoring/Sled
Participants with Limited Mobility
- Limited Mobility (handler with/or who identifies with a limited mobility; using a mobility aid; visually impaired, etc.)
- Golden Age (dogs who are six years and older; dogs with a limited mobility)
Handler Age Categories:
- Child (5-12)
- Teenager (13-19)
- Junior Adult (20-30)
- Adult (31-59)
- Senior (60+)
NEW: Overall Puppy Category
Weekly WildCard Challenges
Each week participants will receive a surprise fun challenge to complete for extra points!
- Medal (We will ship your medal once the race is complete).
- Certificate of participation (digital download)
- The top three in each age handler category will receive a placement plaque, including participants with/or who identify with a limited mobility.
- The top three in each activity category will receive a placement plaque.
- If you signup and pay for both challenges by February 22nd you will be eligible for our overall TOP TEN TEAM awards. We will offer overall placement awards for the top ten teams who accumulate the most amount of distance combined with both challenges.
Reporting your KM/Miles:
Once you sign up, we will send you an email with details on how to report your km/miles. Remember, this is an honor system. No cheating! We trust you are being honest. There is no minimum/maximum amount of km/miles to earn your medal. Milage is counted per handler and dog (team). For example Alex has two dogs that are walked together daily, this means that Alex + Dog # 1 is one team; Alex + Dog # 2 is another team.
Cost & Payment :
$35 for each team (1 human + 1 dog), and $15 for each extra dog per challenge.
Please send your payment using one of the following options:
Option # 1: Online Bank e-transfer (Canadian Participants)
Send your online transfer to email@example.com (please use Virtual2021 as the password)
Option # 2: PayPal (US/ International Participants)
Send your payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Option # 3: Mail in Cheque
c/o Giuliana Cucinelli
8314 Daniel Dony
H1E 6Y5, Canada
How to Signup:
Are you ready to join us? Click here to register for our virtual challenge!
Deadline to sign up: February 22, 2021 (midnight EST)